How to love your job even if you don’t like it
Your job must have been everything you were looking for in the beginning. However, as time passed, you have grown to dislike the work routine or your colleagues or your work environment. Either the case, now, you do not like your job and are losing productivity with the days to come.
You need a boost and a motivation to go on with your job. Here are some simple tips to follow and hopefully you will get attached to your job just like the first day.
1. Define what you dislike about your job and find how you can fix them: Take some time to think about the negative and positive aspects of your job. Think about why you applied in the first place and what has changed since then.
For example: you have made friends with a co-worker who sits two alleys away from you. You could speak to your supervisor to shift your desk next to your friend to make you more productive towards work.
2. Jot down what you really love to do: forcing yourself to do tasks that you do not like is a waste of time and productivity. You will never be able to do the work with your complete potential. Find a job that you would enjoy doing no matter the consequences.
3. Create a work-space of your own: build a surrounding that makes you feel yourself. For example you can put up pictures of your family or your pet to make you feel at home. Or you could decorate your desk with some plants to make you feel calm. You can try painting your cabin to your favorite color to define you as a person.
4. Ask for more duties when free: if you are done with your daily tasks and you find yourself free and useless, try asking your supervisor for more tasks. Or you could approach a co-worker and offer a hand. This way you make new friends and you are productive as well. Talk about hitting two birds with one stone.
5. Have lunch regularly: having lunch in the office is a basic and easy way to bond. You can get to know your co-workers more and you can increase your circle and talk about things in the office that bothers you most.
Disclaimer:We do not allow users to post content which is copyright and We take strict actions against the users who post infringement content on our website.Although we do not host any content, users post embed videos from youtube, facebook, Dailymotion and Vimeo and are moderated before posting but we still take strict action against the copyright videos posted.If you are an official representative of any company whose videos are posted illegally on our website or you think some video infringe the copyright then you can simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org