10 Facts You May Not Have Known About the Harry Potter Movies
It has been years since the Harry Potter movie franchise ended and even more since the books ended. But the love for the story and its characters is still very much alive. Here are ten facts that you may or may not have known have known about the beloved movies:
1. Tom Felton would sneak sweets and snacks on to set in the pockets of his robes, and when he was found out they were sewn shut.
2. Before Richard Harris (who played Dumbledore in the first movie) died, he told director Christopher Columbus that if he was recast, he would kill him.
3. The door to the Chamber of Secrets isn’t CGI: It’s all mechanical, and still works to this day.
4. Daniel Radcliffe went through around 80 wands during filming, because he kept wearing them out.
5. J.K. Rowling was offered the part of Lily Potter in the first movie’s flashback scenes, but turned it down.
6. Emma Watson had an on-set hamster during the filming of the first movie, but it died, so the props department made a tiny hamster-sized coffin to bury it.
7. Harry doesn’t cast a single spell by saying an incantation out loud for the duration of the first movie.
8. The actress who played Moaning Myrtle was actually 36 years old at the time of filming Chamber of Secrets.
9. The actor who plays young Voldemort in Half-Blood Prince is the nephew of Ralph Fiennes, who plays the older Voldemort.
10. It took 95 takes to film one shot of the seven Potters at the beginning of Deathly Hallows Part 1.